The bibliographic codes are generated from the journal, volume and
page information for each publication. The form of the bibliographic
The bibliographic codes are selected so that they match the codes used
by the SIMBAD project.
- yyyy: Year of publication
- jjjjj: A standard abbreviation for the journal. A list of
abbreviations is available.
- vvvv: The volume number (for a journal) or an abbreviation that
specifies what type of publication it is (e.g. conf for conference
proceedings, meet for Meeting proceedings, book for a book, cong for
- m: Qualifier for publication:
- L: Letter
- P: Pink page
- Q-Z: Unduplicating character for identical codes
- pppp: Page number.
- a: The first letter of the last name of the first author.